The NORTH AEGEAN 2014-2020 Regional Operational Program was approved by the European Commission in December 2014 by Decision C (2014) 10164 / 18.12.2014. Its available budget is amount to € 301,669,500 of public expenditure, co-financed by 80% of the European Union’s Structural Funds, European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and European Social Fund (ESF).
The main actions funded by the Program’s resources through the Priority Axes include:
- Enhance business competitiveness
- Research, technological development and innovation
- Adaptation to climate change, risk prevention and management
- Protection of the environment and resource efficiency
- Transport infrastructures
- Reinforcing employment
- Social inclusion and the fight against poverty
- Social infrastructure for education, health and social welfare.